The better prepared you are for your visit with your child's pediatric endocrinologist,
the more you will get out of the visit. A pediatric endocrinologist can help you
to know for sure about whether your child is growing normally, and can help you
plan the next steps if treatment is needed. Here are some questions that will help
you understand more about your options. You can print
this page and take it with you to your next visit.
- What do you think may be causing my child's shortness?
- Are there any treatment options for my child's slow growth?
- What are the risks and benefits of the different treatment options?
- How is growth hormone therapy administered?
- How effective do you expect this treatment to be for my child?
- What are the treatment side effects I would need to watch for?
- Are there other things that I can do to get the most out of the treatment you prescribe?
- If prescribed, how long will my child be on growth hormone therapy?
- Will my insurance company cover the cost of treatment?
- Can you predict how tall my child will be after therapy is completed?
- Do you have educational materials or websites I can read to be more informed?